mission
history
portfolio
workplace
the news
awards

 

 
Howorth & Associates
HISTORY

 
 

     Howorth & Associates Architects, based in Oxford, is one of Mississippi's most respected architectural firms. The current staff includes three registered architects, two intern architects, an interior designer, and an office manager.

     In 1986, Tom Howorth moved from New Orleans to Jackson, Mississippi to form the partnership of Mockbee•Coker•Howorth Architects, a firm that won immediate critical recognition, such as a prestigious P/A First Award for architectural design from Progressive Architecture, and inclusion in the Domino’s Top 30 list of the world’s best architects. The firm also collaborated with other firms to win and successfully execute a number of multi-million dollar commissions.

     In 1990, Mr. Howorth left that partnership to form Howorth & Associates Architects, providing architectural and interior design services for a wide variety of clients—governmental, corporate, not-for-profit, and private individuals—who consider their buildings investments rather than expenses.

     In 1995, Howorth & Associates Architects relocated from Jackson to the historic courthouse square in the lively and wonderful college community of Oxford, Mississippi. The firm has a diverse practice in the design of both new buildings and historic preservation, endeavoring to make buildings that are of our time by connecting our past with the future.

Howorth Architects, P.A. | P.O. Box 1569 | Oxford, Mississippi 38655

662.234.7444 | howo@howortharch.com