mission
history
portfolio
workplace
the news
awards

 

Howorth & Associates
PORTFOLIO
Assessment & Repairs at Civil War National Cemeteries
Auditorium Renovation for Oxford High School
Communicare CDU
Della Davidson Elementary School
Lafayette County Jail
Lamar Park Pavilion
Lawrence Art Galleries
Martindale Center
Mississippi State Veterans Cemetery
Natural Products Center
NCPA
Oxford High School Physical Education Facility
Oxford-University United Methodist Church
Percy Quinn State Park
Phi Theta Kappa
qw
St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church
Transportation and Maintenance Facility for Oxford School District
Water Treatment Plant
 
RESTORATION
COMMERCIAL
PUBLIC
Expanded Views:  
 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Natural Products Center
Center for the Development of Natural Products
The University of Mississippi
Completed: June, 1999
Area: 118,000 Square Feet
 
Facing the campus' "Grove", this state-of-the-art complex of chemistry and biology laboratories is designed to reflect the Greek Revival architecture of the buildings around it. Because of an incremental funding schedule, Howorth & Associates, working in a joint venture known as the Laboratory Design Group, designed the building to be constructed in roughly 5-million-dollar phases. The final bid package is currently being prepared.

The building consists of two floors of state-of-the-art research laboratories; a similar floor consisting of animal research facilities essential to high level pharmaceutical research; administrative space and a 10,000 square foot pharmaceutical research and chemistry library. These scientific functions are supported with researchers' offices and meeting rooms, including a sloped-floor lecture hall.

The building is designed not only to recall the campus's traditional architecture but to enhance the appearance of the two rather ordinary modern buildings adjacent by treating them as flanking wings.



Natural Products Center Website
 
Howorth Architects, P.A. | P.O. Box 1569 | Oxford, Mississippi 38655

662.234.7444 | howo@howortharch.com